Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sentence Variety

Sentence = Independent Clause (Sub./Verb/Obj.) LEAP pp.30-31

Example: Our cegep has many good students.



1. A) Using a phrase phrase + I.C. Example: In 2009, our cegep has many good students.

phrase : is a time phrase.. group of words without verb



1. B) I.C. + Phrase Example: Our cegep has many good students in 2009



2. A) Using a Dependent Clause with subordination conjunction: D.C./ I.C.

Example: Since our cegep offers many excellent programms, it has good students.

Why it is a D.C.: Because it's not a complete idea.



2. B) I.C./D.C. Our cegep attracts mostly francophone students while Vanier draws mostly allophone ones.



Sentences:

- If you were just a little more faster, you would win the race.

- Whether you like it or not, we are going camping all together.

- He was so a happy person until that day came along.

- You could go far in this sport unless you quit.



3. Combine an I.C. and a I.C. using coordinating conjunction

Example: Our cegep has a fantastic cinema program, and many graduates go on to successful careers.
..., but it is not as good as Vanier's program.
..., so there is much demand.
(There's a coma because there's TWO I.C.)


4. NEXT CLASS

No comments:

Post a Comment